Decentralized emergency power supply System „Powerdrive“
Decentralized emergency power supply
for motors with a performance from 0.18 up to 5.0 kW
The batteries in the „Powerdrive“ are controlled and loaded by 24 VDC power supply (RZ3 or RZ7-NT24) approved by DIBT and tested by VdS. The switchover from 24 VDC to 3x 230/400 VAC is done if required by the control unit of the hold open system. The switchover of the conveyor drives can be done directly in the cabinet of the Powerdrive or in the emergency power switchover in front of the conveyor drive.
The system „Powerdrive“ enables the supply of all standard three-phase drives with and without brake. The signal exchange with the conveyor technique control unit is also done in the cabinet of the Powerdrive. The emergency-stop of the conveyor system has to be guaranteed also in case of fire (people prior property).
Calculation of the Powerdrive performance
Performance Powerdrive = Sum of the single performances of the motors of one conveyor track.
If multiple conveyor tracks pass the closing area, the clearance takes place one after another.
|Type:||Wall-mounted cabinet AE 1050.500 (up to a performance of 0.75 kW)|
Protection class: IP 65
||0.18 - 5.0 kW|
1. Advantages - increased security
- due to the fact that all conveyor drives run at the same time, the closing area is faster cleared
- no influence by a fire in the cabling from the central cabinet to the conveyor drive
- failure of one system has only a partial influence in contrast to the central system
- less fire load due to less cabling
- active battery test, that means secure energy source
- no additional energy consumption for the emergency power supply within the normal service and therefore no raise of temperature in the cabinet
2. Advantage - more economic
- less space requirement of the cabinet, approx. 10% of a central emergency power supply
- less cabling effort
- standard solutions
- powerdrive – unit for one or several drives
- max. 4 batteries with a performance of 5kW
3. Advantage - for all typical drives of the conveyor technique
- Movimot, Moviswitch
- Siemens motor starter
- frequency-controlled motors
- without and with brake, incl. sliding rotor motor
Schemes of the switchover